Monday, November 19, 2007

Decadent Weekend...

Seems like all we did was eat this weekend. Oh that's not true. I got some shopping in!

Visited the new La Fondue on Saturday...wow the place is amazing. I heard they spent a fortune redoing the new building and it shows. They practically had to roll us out of there.

Getting ready for Thanksgiving. We're hosting this year which makes me go HMM because really I should have done Xmas...our house will be so pretty and decorated and right now it's not. I mean what can you really do for Thanksgiving? Put some turkeys around the place? I'm creatively stumped. And unmotivated really.

Picking up our organic Whole Foods turkey tomorrow for it's new brining home in the bucket for 24 hours. Our neighbors are coming over for our mini-pre-thanksgiving dinner on Wed, then Greg and I are doing the 10k Turkey Trot on Thanksgiving Day. It's a family affair, everyone is doing it. I figure if I torture myself in the morning then I won't feel an iota of guilt eating dinner later. And multiple pieces of PIE!!!!

Our little home menu...stuffing, mashed potatoes, glazed carrots, rolls, brined turkey, salad, punkie pie. Then the big day of...we have more of a potluck style with the family, so all of the above plus a new brussel sprouts with bacon recipe I am dying to try.



Mmmm. Then also, Mom's famous crockpot pinto beans, Grandma's famous spanish rice, more turkey (roasted this time), Mom's stuffing, a cake and a pie, gosh the list goes on. Gorgefest to ensue.

Also picked up some TASTY looking cranberry pumpkin scone mix at World Market for breakkie on Fri and Sat. I am like a kid in a candy store whenever I head there. I seriously feel my eyes glazing over while walking the aisles. And since all the stores already have their Xmas stuff out, I did a little pre-holiday decor shopping and picked up a few gifts too.

On a fun note, Restoration had their 25% F&F this weekend and I kept meaning to get into the mall but it's so not appealing at this time of year. So last nite at 10pm, I put in my online order. I snagged these faux votive candles that are supposedly going to look real. I am intrigued.

No comments: