Wednesday, January 2, 2008

Welcome 2008.


Happy New Year!!

I've been remiss in posting the last week...it's called Time Off and I guess I just took some serious advantage of it...thinking 'oh I really should update my blog' but since most of the time I feel like I am just talking to myself..I thought that 'I' wouldn't really miss much by waiting.

But today's a new year...er well the start of the New Work Year for me anyway now that I am heading back to the daily grind...so I figured why not pop in for a quick post. 2007 was a great year for us...and we are hoping for an even better 2008.

So, I thoroughly enjoyed being off...we hosted a lovely little cocktail post-holiday party for friends on the 28th...it was a small group being that most of our friends were out of town for Xmas and New Years, but it was an awesome time with some yummy punch and foodie items (some of which I actually made).

One of my coworkers brought us these cookies...which let's be honest, I was so friggin cookied out from my cookie love-fest the week before Xmas (and umm during and after)...and I thought I wouldn't be able to eat any.

WRONG. These things were tasty. I asked her for the recipe...turns out she mentioned these to me in a previous convo, basically Peanut Butter cookies with a mini-snickers bar inside. Sounds basic but oh so good. I didn't recognize the Snickers bar, instead I thought she was a fabulous magician for being able to get peanuts and caramel and chocolate inside the cookies. DOH.

So here's the link for the recipe...I am definitely going to try these at some point but figure it's safer to wait given how much we loved them here in the Tyler household, the party was on the 28th and we were gifted with about 20 cookies and now umm there are 2 left.

PB Cookie Snickers Heaven ensues below.

Snickers Bar Cookies
1 cup butter, softened (2 sticks)
1 cup creamy peanut butter
1 cup light brown sugar
1 cup sugar
2 eggs
2 teaspoons vanilla
3 1/2 cups all-purpose flour, sifted
1 teaspoon baking soda
1/2 teaspoon salt
2 13-ounce package Snickers Miniatures (about 60 candies)

Preheat oven to 350 degrees.

Combine the butter, peanut butter and sugars using a mixer on a medium to low speed until light and fluffy. Slowly add eggs and vanilla until thoroughly combined. Then mix in flour, salt and baking soda. Cover and chill dough for 2 to 3 hours.

Unwrap all Snickers. Remove dough from refrigerator. Shape about 1 tablespoon of dough around each candy. Place on a greased cookie sheet and bake for 10 to 12 minutes. Let cookies cool on baking rack. Makes about 4 dozen cookies.

Note: You will use 1 bag and approximately half the other bag.

Recipe and notes at:
http://www.post-gazette.com/food/20020905mailbox1.asp

We also took a trip to Mendocino for New Years with some friends, we had a wonderful time and the Mini got some serious breaking in what with all the crazy curves and all, I have some beautiful pictures which I will upload at some point once I can figure out how to magically create more space on my laptop hard drive.

But for now, gotta go get ready for work...have a good one all!

No comments: