Saturday, January 5, 2008

Tart Creaminess.

I'm sure by now everyone's heard of the fresh natural tart yogurt craze. Well you have if you are in California. It started with Pinkberry in LA and is slowly making it's way North.

I'd heard of it for a while but wasn't quite sure what it meant. Natural creamy tart yogurt? Like Fage right? Wrong.

This is like frozen yogurt but it's natural yogurt, with active cultures and actual protein. It's a bit sweet but actually tart, a little like a lemon tart kind of sweet tart.

There are multiple places locally that have cropped up and I have slowly been working my way through them...and Yelping them in the process of course.

The other night we tried Cafe Delatti in Los Gatos after hearing about it for a while and I think it's jumped up to the top of my tart yogurt loving list. I just wish it was closer.


They have an amazing mango tart yogurt which I blended with original. Fresh blueberries and kiwi top the beautiful treat. Best of all, only 20 cals an ounce and fresh fruit. Now this is the kind of 'dessert' I could have nightly and my trainer would probably agree!

3 comments:

Honeyed Hashette said...

YUMMM! That definitely hasn't made it's way to Texas yet. Could you do me a favor and ask them to open a spot in Denton? Thanks!

marae said...

OMG it's so good...you guys are missing out. Think you should move back. :D

Honeyed Hashette said...

I knew you missed me! Hee hee!